1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
I have gained a greater knowledge into a wide range of contextual studies. The lecture programme has given me the opportunity to better define the boundaries between different art forms and cultures. The lectures have also given me a good basis for research in terms of artists and art movements over specific time periods. During seminars, I have become more familiar with voicing my own opinions among others, constructing discussions and debates concerning old and current topics.
2. What approaches to/methods of design have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
I feel as though I have developed skills both digitally and hand-made. I now feel more confident using indesign to design a publication based on my own research into a specific topic. I also now feel more experienced in the process of printing and binding my own publication. These are all tasks which I had not attempted previously so therefore feel I have developed a set of new skills. By putting these skills into practice I felt able to convey my ideas in a more visually engaging and appropriate manner. The process of attempting a new approach to method of production means I feel more confident and independent about using these methods in future projects.
3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
Throughout this module we have been given tasks analysing various elements through specific writing styles. I think these tasks were my strong points as I have always enjoyed writing and feel confident within this field. Writing is something I particularly enjoy so I want to ensure I continue to write in the most effective and appropriate manner. This will make justifying my work, ideas and opinions more effective across all of my projects.
4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
I have always been slightly weak at carrying out research in an orderly manner. At times I was aware that this put me behind others and I was not using my time as effectively as possible. In the future I will need to structure my research more effectively in order to form well-informed ideas and outcomes.
5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
1. Read the briefs more thoroughly to ensure a greater understanding of the tasks required.
2. Research more thoroughly in order to get the best outcomes.
3. Work in a more organised and structured manner.
4. Show more examples of research, inspiration and interests through blogging.
5. Seek more feedback from peers and tutors in order to compare a wider range of ideas against my own.
6. How would you grade yourself on the following areas?
Attendance - very good
Puctuality - very good
Motivation - good
Commitment - good
Quantity of work produced - good
Quality of work produced - very good
Contribution to the group - very good